Lived in Middleburg until I was 5 years old and then we moved to Pietermaritzburg in KZN.
Laddsworth Primary School and then St Charles College.
Yes, I did a Bcom Management Accounting degree at Stellenbosch followed by an Honours degree in Management Accounting through UNISA.
I am a co-owner in Bikalot, Bikalot is an import and distribution business in the cycling industry.
There are many! Welvenpas in Wellington is always a highlight, Karkloof in Howick KZN. At home here in Cape Town Tokai and the new, Newlands Trail.
Hmm, probably checking and re-checking my bag and equipment over and over. Always have two coffees before a race, but besides that not really.
Big focus on making sure I get enough quality protein and fruit and vegetables in. I do have a sweet tooth that needs to be managed, love a coffee and some of Imbuko's finest red wines!
Winning a stage of the Cape Pioneer in 2015, it was and still is a UCI race so ranks on the international side of things. Besides this I have won several Ultra Endurance races which I also enjoy in a strange way. TransBaviaans, Transkaroo, Amarider 100 Miler and the Cederberg 100 Miler come to mind.
I use a power meter to do specific training.
- 2016 Highlights Garden Route 300 - 2nd Overall Cape Epic - 20th overall, 4th African team
- Liberty Cape Winelands Encounter - 1st Overall and won every stage
- Gravel and Grape - 1st Overall and won every stage Transkaroo - 1st
- Great Zuurberg Trek - 1st Stage 1
- Mauritius Tour Beachcomber - 2nd Overall
- Transbaviaans - 1st
- Isuzu Trucks PE2Plett - 2nd Overall
- Cape Pioneer Trek Stage 5 - 1 st
- Western Cape Marathon Champion - 1st at Seweweekspoort
- PEPlett - 1st Solo
- Dusi2c - 1st Overall
- Great Zuurberg Trek - 2nd Overall, two stage wins
- Liberty Cape Winelands Encounter - 1st Overall
- Amarider 100 Miler - 1st
- Ride the Rhino - 1st Overall
- Amarider 100 Miler – 2nd
- Tip Trans Experience - 2nd
- Du Toit Tankwa Trek Stage 3 – 3rd
- Old Mutual Joberg2c – 4th Overall
- Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek – 10th overall
- UCI World Marathon Championships – 72nd
- Hincapie Series River Falls - 1st (USA)
- Friday Night Fights Criterium - 2nd
- SRS Montgomery Criterium - 2nd
- SRS Points Jersey
- Tour de PPA - 3rd
- Cape Pioneer Trek - 3rd Overall
- Swartland Marathon - 1st
- Keeromberg Marathon - 1st
- WP XCO Provicncial - 1st
A big team goal for us over the next few weeks is a podium in the ABSA African Competition at the Cape Epic, we were very close last year and it would be a big achievement for us.
As cliché as it may sound, never give up. Mountain biking can be such a cruel sport, sometimes it’s your turn to have that untimely puncture or whatever may be the case, other times our fellow races suffer the same fate. Either way, just keep on pushing, you never know what could happen
It could always be worse. In tough situations, always try look for the positives, so what I’m trying to say, is that even though it is a tough moment, it could be worse, that seems to ease the suffering a bit.